The Academy reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue the community with or without notice. The Academy will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the community.
Rules of Conduct
- Advertising of any kind (by the members of the community) is prohibited within the community. This includes any and all products, services, events, surveys or job opportunities.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Use caution when posting messages concerning other individuals, products, or services. Comments posted on the community are considered public and are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Review the Academy’s Antitrust Policy and Guidelines for further clarity.
- Do not post information that may encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either directly or indirectly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Information that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Do not post information that attacks others. The discussions on the community are meant to stimulate conversation—not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, you grant The Academy and users of the community the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Professionalism is expected on all American Academy of Audiology Community pages and characterized by: polite demeanor and civility to fellow professionals and Academy Staff. Any form of bullying, cyberbullying, harassment will not be tolerated and postings will be removed without posting. Repeated infractions will result in the author’s removal from the community entirely.
Cyberbullying/Bullying is characterized by tormenting, threatening, harassing, humiliating, embarrassing or targeting another person or group of people. It can include name calling, intimidation, aggressive behaviors, spreading rumors, emotional intimidation, or persistent teasing by using language that is patronizing and condemnatory.
Internet Etiquette ("Netiquette")
The following guidelines are not intended as rules or requirements for participating in the community. Instead, they are general tips for participating in the community in a responsible and courteous manner.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Try to keep the signature brief, but make sure it includes at least your name and affiliation. Because commercial messages are prohibited, be sure to remove any marketing or promotional statements that may be in the signature.
- Make the subject line meaningful and useful. Summarize the message's topic concisely and clearly so that others on the list can tell if it interests them right away.
- Warn the list of a lengthy message either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message with something like "Long Message."
- If you are responding to a posting, place your comments at the top of the message and include only the relevant portions of the previous message in your reply. Also, delete any extraneous header and footer information.
- Using the reply button in your e-mail application will automatically send your response to the entire community. To reply directly to a member of the community, forward the e-mail and copy/paste or type his or her e-mail address into the "To" line.
- Only send a message to the entire list if it benefits everyone. Direct messages such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too" to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by cutting and pasting or typing an individual's e-mail address into your e-mail reader's "Reply" (not "Reply All") area.
- Do not send administrative messages (e.g. unsubscribe requests) to the list. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you will need to first unsubscribe your old address from the list and then subscribe your new address to it.
The Legal Stuff
YOUR USE OF THE LIST IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE LIST IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE LIST. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CONTENT SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE PROVIDERS OF SUCH CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY BE LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT POSTED TO THE LIST. THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, INTEGRITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES YOU FIND ON OR THROUGH THE LIST. NOT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE LIST IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS. THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF AUDIOLOGY'S EMPLOYEES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VARY THESE TERMS.
We respect your privacy
information you provide to us including and similar to your name,
address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released,
sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
may share your personal information with companies (including our
affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies
that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are
required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal
information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific
services on our behalf.
personal information may be transferred to another entity (either an
affiliated entity or an unrelated third party) in connection with a
merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar corporate event. If such
a transfer were ever to occur, the acquiring entity’s use of your
Government and Legal Disclosures
may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site,
when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply
with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate
a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms
and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site;
or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users,
We are not responsible for the content of external internet sites. You
disclosing any personal information.
"cookie" is a small data text file that is placed in your browser and
allows us to recognize you each time you visit this
site (personalization, etc). Cookies themselves do not contain any personal
personal information. Cookies may also be used by 3rd party content
providers such as newsfeeds.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot
guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy
of any passwords or other account information. In addition other
Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and
therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their
policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page