The Audiology Community is a service provided to Academy members as a member benefit. It is an online platform designed for Academy members to interact and connect with peers and colleagues, ask questions, and share knowledge, documents, and resources within the professional community. Opinions and views expressed within the communities are solely those of the authors and do not represent the Academy unless stated.
The Academy reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue the Audiology Community with or without notice. The Academy will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the community.
Using the Audiology Community
Use the Audiology Community to:
- Share knowledge and build your reputation as an expert.
- Get to know your colleagues; include your name and affiliation in postings.
- Be polite and courtesy in your posts and replies.
- Keep it clean and respectful (i.e., no profanity or obscenity).
- Give credit where credit is due by citing your sources.
- Search before posting a question;it may have been answered already.
- Report illegal or inappropriate postings you find within the Audiology Community to email@example.com.
DO NOT use the Audiology Community to:
- Talk about fees; it invites charges of violating antitrust laws.
- Share confidential client information.
- Post defamatory, abusive, threatening, offensive or illegal materials—don't post anything you don't want the public to see.
- Post promotional messages or surveys (e.g., products/services, job postings, firm/business acquisitions, programs not affiliated with audiology).
- Post unnecessary messages to the whole group; instead, send appreciative notes directly to the sender rather than posting to the whole group.
- Send angry, critical, sarcastic or emotionally charged messages.
The Academy will:
- Create new forums as requested when there is sufficient interest by members.
- Monitor forum postings and respond to user complaints about specific postings.
- Occasionally display, copy, publish, and distribute information posted within the forums for the purposes of d encouraging member usage.
The Academy will not:
- Pay for postings to the Audiology Community.
- Review postings for technical accuracy.
Privacy, Data Usage, and Legal Disclaimers
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
If you have questions, suggestions, or problems using the Audiology Community, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-222-2336.